The International Bullying Prevention Association is proud to be a co-sponsor of Trend Micro's fourth annual "What's Your Story" Internet Safety Video competition.
• What's Your Story? is a user-generated video contest that empowers youth to be leaders in educating others about the safe and responsible use of the Internet. It is designed to give them a voice in the conversation while showcasing a positive use of social media.
• In its 4th year, the contest is unique in that it requires participants to create a message for others and also spread that message to others online with the help of social media.
• The 2013 contest asks schools or anyone 13 and older to create and submit a video on the following:
What does the good side of the Internet look like?
Share stories of the good that you do online. Tell us about the good you see online. Show others the good that is online. Dream about the good that can be online.
Whether it's connecting in kind ways, staying safe, keeping good reputations, doing cool things, being smart about cell phone cameras, or making a difference – for just one person or many – tell us about the good stuff that's out there.
Be funny. Be dramatic. Be creative. Use live action, stop action, animation, with music or none. Whatever you do, be real.
For more information visit: whatsyourstory.trendmicro.com
- The Olweus Bullying Prevention program in the United States: From Clemson University, Institute on Family and Neighborhood Life
- Research on Steps to Respect Bullying Prevention Program: Walking the Talk in Bullying Prevention: Teacher Implementation Variables Related to Initial Impact of the Steps to Respect Program, http://www.nasponline.org/publications/spr/pdf/spr361hirschstein.pdf